Wellness by Design
The founder of modern medicine, Hippocrates (460 - 377 BC), regarded the body as a "whole", studying his patients in their environment, including taking into account their occupation and diet. Most of today's modern medicine regards the body as its individual parts and then only when that part becomes diseased and/or non-functioning
Hippocrates came to the conclusion that health is the natural state and that the role of the physician is help nature return the body to its natural healthy state. He was the first physician to focus on prevention as well as treating disease. His prescription for avoiding sickness and regaining health was to create the right diet and exercise program.
We have come so far with technology but have gotten so far away from the philosphy of Hippocrates. Sometimes what was old becomes new again. Now is the time for medicine to start looking at the body as a "whole" and to work to avoid illness rather than simply waiting for illness and disease to happen. That it the essence of "Wellness by Design".
"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patient
in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease."
What is "Wellness by Design"?
We define "wellness" as achieving your own individual state of optimal health.
Each person's state of optimal health may not be the same nor is the path for reaching "wellness" the same. Therefore, each person needs a plan to designed for their specific needs. Elements of that plan may include some or all of the following:
- Pain Relief
- Structural Rejuvenation - Restoring or improving function to the spine and/or major joints.
- Allergy Identification and Relief - Many health problems are actually the result of allergies, whether known or hidden allergies
- Weight Loss - Excess weight can result in stress and pain to major joints, lack of energy and ability to be active, and chronic diseases
- Nutrition - Most Americans eat nutrient poor diets that lead to a wide range of illness and states of generally poor health.
- Detoxification - The American food supply contains more chemicals than most other countries. We need to periodically cleanse our bodies to eliminate harmful chemicals. This also aids in weight loss as fat is maintained in the body to absorb excess chemicals and keep them from causing further harm. By reducing the chemicals in our bodies we can also eliminate fat.
- Adrenal Support - Adrenal glands regulate hormones that control sleep, digestion, weight gain, estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, allergies, arthritis, immunity, heart function, fatigue, and more. Chronic stress can lead to adrenal fatigue which affects the quality of hormones that are produced.
- Removing Undected Neurological Damage - Falls, auto accidents, contact sports, work injuries, etc. cause traumas that can cause long lasting damage to muscles and nerves. This can lead to headaches, neck or back pain, numbness or other problems.
At the Whole Life Health Center, we will work closely with you to design a custom program to meet your specific needs for achieving a state of wellness. That is "Wellness by Design".
Let us design a program to help you achieve wellness and be able to live your life to the fullest.